Thursday, August 12, 2010

Some randomness

Before I take off running with this post, lemme give you the fine print...I have a cold and am highly medicated with OTC meds and really may or may not know what I am saying.  The girls made it back to school as of Monday. There is always that adjustment period that makes me feel like such a loser in the Mommy department. Y'all, I bought school supplies Sunday for school starting Monday. I am a shoe-in for mother of the year.  Despite my lack of planning and forethought, they went off well fed and well prepared. Lunches were packed, checks were written, breakfast cooked and eaten, clothes and children clean, hair and teeth brushed, shoes on, and excitement growing. They made it back home safely and seem to be off to a terrific start.

The worst part is always the shopping.  I despise Wal-Mart. I just luuvvv people trying to run me down with their buggies when I dare to stop long enough to try to find the normal size hand sanitizer rather than the elfin version on the shelf.  Then there are four hundred people checking out at one time and they have three registers open? REALLY? I am pretty sure that it was tax-free weekend and they could have predicted a larger than normal crowd. I usually try to shop at smaller stores- my faves are Fred's, Family Dollar, Dollar General and the Dollar Tree, but due to my poor choice in time management, I just thought Wal-Mart would be easier. Yeah, right. I do it EVERY TIME. And then I am ticked EVERY TIME.  Especially when you should be home free in the check out line, but noooo, they have to put every piece of As Seen On TV junk and candy crap that my kids want (but Mom I NEEEEEEDDDD it) RIGHT THERE in your face. I think the check out lines should be like home base in hide and seek-you know, a safe zone. Instead you have to stand there battling it with "no you don't need any chocolate-didn't I already peel you off the rafters twice and you already have four billion silly bands and no your brother doesn't need a flashlight and yes I already have batteries and no you can't shave until your 13 or later no matter how cute the razor is and yes I know that is supposed to make your lips really soft and shiny and no you cannot have an upside down plant growing thing and why would you want THAT??? Please just let me pay the woman so we can get the heck outta here!!!"  By the time I get out of there and load and unload the children and the treasure trove of items we didn't need, weren't on the list and I swore I wouldn't buy, I am ready for something stronger than sweet tea.

Now for the randomness-I was listening to the radio on the way to work and heard about something called the "Rapture Orphan Rescue".  Hearing this tidbit on the radio made me cringe thinking these folks were just plain off their rockers or maybe scam artists, but I Googled it and really it wasn't as bad as I thought. Apparently, some atheists and/or agnostics think this is a good way to make their point. It must be cause here I am telling y'all about it. I do consider myself a Christian, although, sometimes I am concerned that my actions are not reflecting that. That is a whole 'nother post friends. Anyway, just a point of interest. Google it if ya wanna. If you need some Christian inspiration, I love the Proverbs 31 Ministries

Here's some useful stuff from 5 Dinners. She has templates for monthly meal planning which I think are handy dandy. I totally blew off this week's menu and am flying by the seat of my pants. Well with being sick and all it just seemed like a good idea, although, in retrospect, the first week of school is not the time to get less organized.

Also, for anyone who hasn't finished their shopping, Old Navy has a great deal going in store. If you buy a backpack for $10 you get a free lunch box. I love it. I hit them Friday and nabbed this deal for Sweet Cheeks. Old Navy is on Facebook here Old Navy FB. Or The Menu Mom has a lunchbox giveaway you could try your luck on.

I hope everyone has a great week. Good luck with all things back to school. Til next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment