Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let's talk about food baby (to the tune of a George Michael's hit)

My Sweet Cheeks is a bit of a picky eater so the same ole same ole sandwich routine doesn't always float her boat and most days she'll turn up her nose at cafeteria lunches. Here we are just in the second week of school and I am already floundering for some creative lunches that she will actually eat. Of course, my grocery shopping has been remiss lately which does not help. Anyway, I started looking for some new lunch ideas and came across Kraft recipes lunch ideas.  There are even some fun printables. Of course Christy at Southern Plate (one of my all time favorite websites!) has some fun lunch ideas as well. You should go visit her. Sit a spell~I really think you'll enjoy it. It really is like visiting with an old friend.

Not really food related, other than it could hold a lunch box, I wanted to show y'all this really neat backpack I heard about from Mamaista. It is such a cute idea and not really that expensive. It is the Go Vinci Backpack. Wouldn't that be fun for on the go or sitting at the doctor's office?

If you've been reading before, you know I wanted to participate in Menu Plan Monday. You also know by now that this has been an epic fail the last couple of Mondays. I know it is Wednesday already, but am still going to throw this out here. Monday I totally cheated and we had a frozen salisbury steak entree with rice and green beans.  Last night was yummy smoked pork chops just nicely browned in a skillet with mac and cheese and veggie medley. Tonight will be mini meatloaves (cooked in muffin tins) with garlic mashed and salad. Tomorrow night will be spaghetti. Friday night we'll be lip smacking some chicken stew-love, love this recipe from my fantastic sister-in-law. We have a lot happening this weekend so I won't list those. If we don't eat with friends one or both nights, I will probably order pizza or pick up something through a drive-thru. Real healthy, right?  So tell me, what's cooking at your place?

No comments:

Post a Comment