Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Plan Mondays


Monday already~sheesh. The weekends are never long enough. This one coming up will be a 3 day kind of weekend {whoo-hoo!}.  What will you be doing for Labor Day? I haven't made firm plans, but I am pretty sure that one day will involve the lake, one will involve the pool and all will involve food. This past weekend involved all three as well. I still have not been grocery shopping, at least not seriously. Which is bad for the belly and the wallet. When I don't shop regularly and plan ahead we end up making random runs to Wal-Mart or to fast food places and both of those are BAD news!! So in hopes of getting back on track, here is the week's menu:
Monday-weeeellll I am totally cheating tonight. I know I have the fixings for chicken noodle and grilled cheese. I will be making a grocery run after work.
Tuesday will be Skillet Chicken Parmesan. I haven't tried this recipe before, but it sounds yummy.
Wednesday Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Thursday I'm thinking Slow Cooker Cordon Bleu Chicken. Doesn't that sound delish? Another new one.
Friday I want A Copycat of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana with salad and garlic breadsticks with alfredo dipping sauce. This is one of my all time favorites.
Saturday, if I actually cook, will be mini burgers. We use King Hawaiian rolls as the buns and put BBQ sauce, cheese and french fried onions as toppings. I adore the Jack Daniel's Honey Smoke BBQ sauce. These are great by themselves, but I will probably be making some baked beans, corn on the cob and fries to go with them.
Then Sunday, again depending on circumstance, Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Pasta

I am getting lazy it seems. The majority of the recipes I have been researching are for the crock pot. It is so nice to come home from work and have most of the dinner prep already done. Also, I am on a chicken fad, see it? I get the frozen chicken breasts from Aldi's pretty cheap and they cook from frozen in the crock pot for a lot of recipes.

Now for some fun stuff. Kevins Free Printables Coloring Pages and Family Fun coloring and activity pages.

We are trying hard to get on budget using Dave Ramsey's plan. It is hard. I have been reading up on tips and ideas at The Dollar Stretcher.

Hope you have a great week. See you next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment